[vorbis] VORBISCOMMENT

rik at kde.org rik at kde.org
Mon Jan 15 00:35:00 PST 2001

#if Michael Smith
> I don't do windows GUI stuff, so it won't be me. However, if someone else
> writes the GUI, I'm willing to do the backend comment editing code. Please,
> anyone who wants to do this, contact me.

I can do a UI in Qt, no problem.

A Qt UI will work on Windows and UNIX, but to compile a Windows version,
a 'professional' license is needed, which is about $1500, and I don't
have one. I know someone at Trolltech who might be interested in making
the Windows port himself though, so it's not all bad.

Here's a couple of examples of a draft for the UI.

http://www.geoid.clara.net/rik/arch/vorbis_tag_editor_normal.png

And a silly one:

http://www.geoid.clara.net/rik/arch/vorbis_tag_editor.png

If there were functions in libvorbisfile that allowed easy tag
editing, I could write this app in my coffee break.

What's up with vorbiscomment ? Is there a lot to do to fix it ?

The nice API that exists for decoding makes it trivial for me to
implement playing from HTTP, FTP, or any other IO.

So, big wish: IO-type-independent functions to allow tag editing.

Rik