[vorbis] Command Line Arguments

Moritz Grimm maxx at kolabore.de
Wed Feb 28 20:09:51 PST 2001

Hi!

In order to find out what command line options are available, go to the
command prompt (Start/Execute/command). Then enter the directory where
you've unzipped your oggenc.exe to and type "oggenc -h | more" (without
the quotes). The '| more' makes that the help text is displayed page
after page (so you can read the important information at the beginning
of the text).

In your case, oggenc doesn't need any further parameters, because an
average bitrate of about 128kbit/s is default. The command line
parameter would be "-b 128" (again, without the quotes) though.

I don't know Media Jukebox, but it's possible that it needs to know
where it should put the filename of the .wav you want to encode. You
need to find out what wildcard MJ uses for those filenames (maybe it's
%1 or % with a letter attached or a keyword). The complete command line,
assuming the %1 wildcard is correct, would be "oggenc %1".

Btw, for batch encoding there's that useful oggdrop program for Windows.
Just drag'n'drop the .WAV files into the oggdrop window - it'll encode
them in the order you dragged 'em in. While encoding, it shows two bars
... the upper one represents the progress in encoding the current .WAV
and the lower one is the progress bar of the whole batch.

Moritz