[vorbis] Winamp plugin more info...

Matthew James Brown mbrown at hotteam.org
Mon Feb 26 17:59:29 PST 2001

Hey guys,

The offending code that crashes the winamp plugin on my system when I close
winamp seems to be something in the code in the httpstream.c file.  It's
somewhere in the following code (This is in httpInit):

if (hGlobal)

        {

            hwndMessage = CreateDialogIndirect((HINSTANCE)
GetWindowLong(hwndPlayer, GWL_HINSTANCE), LockResource(hGlobal), hwndPlayer,
NullDialogProc);

            if (hwndMessage)

            {

                hwndText = GetDlgItem(hwndMessage, IDC_TEXT);

                hwndProgress = GetDlgItem(hwndMessage, IDC_PROGRESS);

                SetTimer(hwndMessage, 1, 20, NULL);

            }

        }

Specifically I think it has more to do with the line:

hwndMessage = CreateDialogIndirect((HINSTANCE) GetWindowLong(hwndPlayer,
GWL_HINSTANCE), LockResource(hGlobal), hwndPlayer, NullDialogProc);

I'm not sure why and I'm not sure how to fix it yet.  I haven't really took
the time and thought through it properly.  So, in this instance, like Aaron
stated, the http code doesn't seem to be the culprit.  The code that breaks
it seems like the dialog creation code.  I just thought I'd throw this idea
out there and see what everyone's feelings were on this.

Matt