[vorbis] some more questions and an emergency

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Tue Feb 20 09:02:57 PST 2001

Jack Moffitt wrote:

> There are some directions on how to get the new icecast up and going.
> You definately need them if you've never used bitkeeper before :)

Thanks for the help, Jack. Unfortunately I'm getting timed out trying to
connect to shredder.sneakyninja.com. I'll keep trying...

> Feel free to email me directly for help and I'll make sure you get what
> you need before Friday.
>
> Thanks for the support :)

My pleasure. I had quite the eye-opener while reading up on the MP3. It
looks to me like Vorbis could become *the* format for static and
streaming network audio. I'm just now getting around to making some
subjective comparisons between Vorbis and MP3, and I've still a lot to
learn about Vorbis.

Thanks again for the help, Jack (and everyone else here). I'll be in
touch...

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://sound.condorow.net

Currently listening to: Brian Eno, "Music For Airports"