[vorbis] signed dlls?

charlie wallace charlie at finitemonkeys.com
Tue Feb 6 14:45:11 PST 2001

One of the problems of internet delivery is security, we sign all
our controls and dlls with a verisign certificate, if we want to use
LGPL'd code it causes a small problem, as we can't rely on having a
signed dll since it has to be allowed to be upgraded by the user,
this of course allows people to add malicious code into the unsigned
dll.

Have you thought about making a signed dll that will be available
for users to upgrade, after 1.0 etc, or least a secure method of
checking that a dll is unmodified and from a trusted source ?

I realize its a small concern to a lot of people, but I see a lot
of potential for people using vorbis over the net.

regards
charlie