[vorbis] Announce: VCE v0.1.2

Beni Cherniavsky scben at techst02.technion.ac.il
Fri Feb 23 01:36:13 PST 2001

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Michael Smith wrote:

> At 12:43 PM 2/21/01 +0200, you wrote:
> >On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, [iso-8859-2] Jernej Simonèiè wrote:

Great!

> winamp3 shares nothing with winamp2, so fixing the current plugin is
> still neccesary. I don't know when winamp 3 will support vorbis at
> all.

When somebody writes a plugin (I can't because I don't know any windows
programing and don't have time to learn now).  It should be easier than
for WA2 since the WA3 input plugins have cleaner interface (it's also in
C++ which is a matter of taste) and can make use of "reader" plugins e.g.
to handle http streaming.  WA3 alphas are becoming useful so it is quite
important that somebody takes this project now if we want to gain
publicity by having it ready (and hopefully included by default) when WA3
is released.

> Michael

Beni Cherniavsky <cben at crosswinds.net>
                 (also scben at t2,cben at tx in Technion)

  (/bin/ch x)^2 = (/bin/sh x)^2 + 1