[vorbis] Announce: VCE v0.1.2

David K. Gasaway dgasaway at bigvalley.net
Thu Feb 15 21:15:48 PST 2001

It might work okay in Winamp if you turn off the bitmap font in the
display options.  Do the same special characters display properly
when placed in an ID3 tag inside an MP3 (with the above option
off)?

> Jernej Simonèiè wrote:
> >
> > Tested it on 98. Special characters seem to work (program saves
> > them, and re-loads them fine), but it looks like WinAmp plugin
> > doesn't support that yet...
>
> Winamp is stupid in this respect, and I don't think it's even possible
> to make it display that stuff correctly (though you can handle some of
> the more common cases). The current plugin doesn't make any attempt to
> do anything with the data, though. winamp doesn't define a charset to
> use anyway, as far as I know.
>
> Michael

-----
David K. Gasaway
dgasaway at comports.com
http://dkg.home.dhs.org
-----
I'd love to go out with you, but I have to floss my cat.
-----
Sig by Kookie Jar 5.98b http://go.to/generalfrenetics/