[vorbis] 24/96 ?

ndrw mchl grnbrg agreenbu at nyx.net
Wed Dec 19 13:41:37 PST 2001

Jack Moffitt <jack at xiph.org> wrote:
: > Really? I always thought that the hard-limiting was done by the mastering
: > engineer. Regardless, most FM radio stations compress their signals so
: > much just to be louder than the other radio stations that it doesn't
: > really matter what the recording they're playing _really_ sounds like.
:
: On my recent roadtrip to texas (20 hours in the car!) I listened to a
: lot of radio.  It has either gotten way worse, or I'm just a lot more
: used to hearing those kinds of problems.  Some of the stations were
: compressed so bad it was just a puddle of mud.

One of the guys I used to play music with joked once about running the
recordings through a dynamic expander before sending them to radio
stations.

--
 agreenbu @ nyx . net                             andrew michael greenburg
                     http://www.nyx.net/~agreenbu/