[vorbis] Re: about the icecast mailing list

Craig Dickson crdic at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 18 08:48:41 PST 2001

Jernej Simon?i? wrote:

> Hello Ross,
>
> 18. december 2001, 6:20:53, you wrote:
>
> > This is why the Reply-To: field in a mailing list shoud *ALWAYS* point
> > back to the author and *NEVER* the list.  Don't blame that user - blame
> > the list maintainer for keeping it broken, and encourage them to change
> > it ASAP!
>
> Wrong. If that would be true, answering to mailing lists would never
> work (unless you would care to enter the address manually).

Depends how brain-dead your mail client is. Mine (mutt) knows all about
my mailing lists, and I can reply either to an author individually, or
to the list. It's a single keystroke either way.

> The mail daemon should use Return-path: header for bounce messages.

Yes, it should.

Additionally, it would be nice if the list software could drop all
messages that appear to be from mail daemons. Can it filter based on
regexps?

Craig