[vorbis] WMA Pro vs.. Ogg Vorbis - Hurry up, guys

James Ossi diskdoctor at iname.com
Mon Dec 17 07:57:44 PST 2001

On Sun, 16 Dec 2001 16:17:58 -0600
Chris Hanson <cmh at bDistributed.com> wrote:

> Vorbis can span the gamut from low end to high in one CODEC without
> massive changes.  That and its patent- and royalty-free nature are
> its greatest strengths, and what will make it attractive to content
> producers over the long run.  Trying to make it the premiere audio
> CODEC for movie pirates won't do that.
In the current state, Vorbis could be the premiere audio codec
for music pirates (as any codec out there..)
personally I have no interest in DivX, but I believe multichannel
multimedia will be more and more common tomorrow, not only
for movie audio, but also for the upcoming audio DVD..
letting Vorbis ready for discrete-channel encoding it can be only
a positive thing.

--
(o<
//\   GnuPGid: B8B68C17