[vorbis] (Classical) Request for Standardization of expanded TAGS

Craig Dickson crdic at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 22:24:51 PST 2001

Nathan I. Sharfi wrote:

> Isn't that what standards are for? To resolve arbitrary judgements and to
> provide a "default" way to do things for interoperability's sake?

I think you missed the point. The proposed standard leads to ambiguous
situations in which arbitrary judgments must be made by the user, and
you can't expect different users to resolve those issues the same way.
See the examples I posted earlier in this thread. So if we accept your
notion of what a standard should do, then this proposal must be a pretty
bad standard.

Craig