[vorbis] Re: Revised Proposal for Vorbis TAG Standard

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Fri Dec 7 20:41:05 PST 2001

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 03:05:29PM -0800, Jonathan Walther <krooger at debian.org> wrote:
| On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 02:56:33PM -0800, Aaron Plattner wrote:
| >Doesn't music normaly come from a MEDIUM, and not from (multiple) MEDIA?  Just a
| >picky point.
| You are correct.  That is true of Latin.  Unix usage however allows
| media to designate a singular medium.  Unix wins over Latin I think.

You're wrong. Only degenerate English usage uses "media" for a single
item.  Real English uses medium. And I, too, am an old UNIX nerd. But
I speak English.

--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        cs at zip.com.au    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

English is a living language, but simple illiteracy is no basis for
linguistic evolution.	- Dwight MacDonald