[vorbis] TAG-mess

Craig Dickson crdic at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 7 11:35:58 PST 2001

Moritz Grimm wrote:

> I really don't want these tags to become standard. The standards should
> not go beyond simple tags that are required for proper "playback", if
> one may say it that way. The whole rest needs to adapt to too many
> different possible scenarios to become a standard.

Yes. I like tags as a simple, minimal way of knowing what you're
listening to. It's easy and you can hope that a reasonable number of
people will do it, and do it right. The more complex the system becomes,
the less likely it becomes that very many people will bother doing it at
all, much less do it right.

Craig