[vorbis] album portion of the tags request

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Fri Dec 7 09:47:18 PST 2001

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 05:18:03AM -0500, Jon Shiring wrote:
>The idea that as a requirement one should be able to identify the exact CD
>a track was ripped from is not a valid requirement in my book (not for the
>tags at least), and I hope I can explain why.  Without knowing the exact

While I disagree with you on that point, you have convinced me that we
should not include DISCID, FREEDB, ID:FOO, or other such tags in the
standard.  Unless someone speaks up in their support, consider them
stricken.  Such tags are useless for locating a CD in disconnected
operation.

The ISBN tag will stand for now unless someone else has a good reason
for ommitting it.  With ISBN at least, you only put it in if it is on
the CD cover.  In which case it is something that you can write down and
compare to the CD cover at the record store.

Jonathan