[vorbis] What systems are you using to listen to Oggs?

Daniel Richards kyhwana at world-net.co.nz
Wed Dec 19 05:08:43 PST 2001

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 10:18:22 -0600
evert A Claesson <eclaesson at juno.com> wrote:

> What rigs do you folks use to listen to your music?  [snip]
> So what do you use to Listen to your Oggs and would you have any
> recommendations on sound cards, amplifiers and speakers if I wanted to
> upgrade my system.
eheheheh.
I have a P133 as my main desktop system, running linux.
XMMS just manages to play ~64/96 oggs without making the poor thing explode.
Oh, I also have an _Original_ SB16, and some really semi-good old headphones, except they're annoying, because you only get sound on the right side unless you twist the wires a certain way. Broken wires or something, annoying.

My setup isn't exactly state of the art (Well, it was six years ago!), but I do notice the difference between 64k and 128k .ogg's easily enough

--
Daniel Richards
PGP Public Key: http://shell.world-net.co.nz/~kyra/DanielRichards.asc