[vorbis] New Winamp release

Moritz Grimm gtgbr at gmx.net
Wed Dec 19 02:58:33 PST 2001

Hi,

the what's-new-page on winamp.com (it does only mention a few fixes and
cddb2 support, not that I needed that) and downloaded the full install,
hoping that Ogg Vorbis support is finally included. D'oh, since I
installed it into the 2.77 install directory will all the plugins
already installed, I can't really tell whether Vorbis support was
included now or not. But then, supporting a new format would be worth
advertising, so I assume that it would've been mentioned ...

Does anyone happen to know what's going on? I searched the Winamp forum
for "Ogg OR Vorbis", finding only threads unrelated to a default Ogg
support. Originally, support was planned for 2.76 already (according to
Peter), but postponed due to some obscure things I didn't understand.