[vorbis] (Classical) Request for Standardization of expanded TAGS

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Wed Dec 12 15:20:17 PST 2001

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 10:02:52AM +1100, MARK JAMES HETHERINGTON wrote:
>>Here is a way to make people avoid ARTIST by positive rather than negative
>>means: in the tagging GUI, near every artist field, show a radio list of
>>PERFORMER, COMPOSER, AUTHOR,
>
>That there is a great idea! rather than bug me because I'm being lazy
>and using the artist tag, encourage me to use something else without
>annoying me!

How would you recommend the proposal read?  I am a big fan of positive
encouragement.  Here is your chance to influence the standard.  I
envisioned ARTIST tags from freedb being silently coerced into PERFORMER
tags; if you really want an ARTIST tag you would have to change it back.
That would meet the standard.