[vorbis] Re: PROPOSAL: Sub-Tagging

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Sat Dec 8 17:09:10 PST 2001

On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 01:58:09AM +0100, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
>"The comment field is meant to be used much like someone jotting a quick
>note on the bottom of a CDR. It should be a little information to
>remember the disc by and explain it to
>others; a short, to-the-point text note that need not only be a couple
>words, but isn't going to be more than a short paragraph. The
>essentials, in other words, whatever they turn out to be."
>

>As long as your proposal doesn't meet this in letter and/or spirit, it will
>always be rejected.

You personally may feel that the proposed revision doesn't meet the
spirit.  It will soon be time for a vote.  Many people have posted to
the effect that they also feel the need for such a proposal.

Notice the last part of that paragraph you quoted.  "The essentials, in
other words, whatever they turn out to be."  Time has passed, and many
of have realized that we need an extended standard to properly cover the
essentials.

You would make a poor anarchist; absence of compulsion by external force
isn't the same as refusal to even consider cooperating with others via
societal norms and decorum.

Jonathan