[vorbis] (Classical) Request for Standardization of expanded TAGS

Craig Dickson crdic at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 7 09:59:43 PST 2001

Jonathan Walther wrote:

> If you think
> things are becoming messy, its because to accurately tag a piece of
> music may be intrinsically messy.  Wouldn't you prefer it was a
> standardized mess so it can at least be dealt with?

A standardized mess is still a mess, so it can't be dealt with _well_.
If we all agree that it's going to be a mess no matter how it's done,
then the standard should be minimal and extremely simple to maximize
the chance of users doing it right. Your proposal is not simple, is
certainly not minimal, and involves a lot of arbitrary judgments that
you can't seriously expect different people to resolve similarly.

Craig