[vorbis] (Classical) Request for Standardization of expanded TAGS

John Morton jwm at plain.co.nz
Thu Dec 6 17:57:55 PST 2001

On Friday 07 December 2001 14:39, Jonathan Walther wrote:
> Sorry. the ARTIST tag is crufty baggage we shouldn't be shackled to til
> the next millenium.  It has to go.  Sooner the better.

Well, that's your opinion. I don't see any reason why these different field
sets can't live together, after all, you don't have to use them. Personally
I'll go on using the ARTIST tag where it suits me, and as I can use arbitary
tags as much as I like, there's nothing you can do to stop me.

If you want people to use your tag set, you're going to have to learn to play
nicely with the other children.

John