[vorbis] (Classical) Request for Standardization of expanded TAGS

Robert Woodcock rcw at debian.org
Thu Dec 6 16:56:16 PST 2001

[I was gonna stay out of this thread too. Oh well :) ]

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 04:32:35PM -0800, Jonathan Walther wrote:
> Once we get enough concensus, I will submit patches to ogg123, and to
> Debians "abcde" program for ripping CD's and turning them into ogg's.

I don't oppose the general principle, but where is abcde gonna get the
information from? Prompt the user? Ewww. I've already rejected a couple
such patches (for year, etc) on the basis that the user can add that
information to the files afterwards with equal ease (and less confusion
in the general case).

Abcde needs to support something better than CDDB first.

Robert Woodcock - rcw at debian.org
perl -e '$a-=($_%4-2)*4/$_++while++$_<2e6;print"$a\n"'