[vorbis] Byte-width of a bitstream, cabbages, and other things

Jernej Simonèiè jernej.simoncic at guest.arnes.si
Wed Aug 29 11:55:41 PDT 2001

Hello Ignacio,

29. avgust 2001, 10:59:29, you wrote:

> 2) 8-bit recordings can be decoded at 16 bits, and

Yes

> 3) There is no way to handle encoding more than 16 bits?

I don't think so, if you check Peter's Vorbis input plugin for WinAmp,
you'll find out, that it allows you to select 8,16,24 or ever 32 bit
output (and dithering). Vorbis' internal format is unrelated to bit
depth, so there shouldn't be any problem with encoding more than 16
bit files...

Jernej Simoncic, jernej.simoncic at guest.arnes.si
http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/
ICQ: 26266467