[vorbis] RC2 worse than RC1 and Beta4

Gian-Carlo Pascutto gcp at sjeng.org
Mon Aug 20 16:00:27 PDT 2001

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Bacchus 13 wrote:

> There seems to be another multiple format test @192kbps on r3mix.  If
> you got better luck than I, you could download the files from:
>
> http://66.96.216.160/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=c&action=display&num=998264509
>
> R3mix Forum (r3mix.net/forum or cd-rw.org/forum or r3mixforum.cjb.net)-Technical
> issues, Tests & Experiments-'Archive quality' test with other codecs
> (192kbps)

I have put the files on a faster and much more reliable server
since. (and updated the links in the link above)

They were on SourceForge. In case you didn't know, SourceForge
sucks.

> Well, I am sorry but I do not seem to reach the files.  :-(  Someone
> who has got better ears?

You should be able to now. Mail back if you don't have
trouble.

Please note that this 192kbps test is not as 'serious'
as the 128kbps test. This is only one sample, and I'm not
going to do the kind of sophisticated statistics ff123
is doing in the 128kbps test.

My interest is getting an idea of how many people can
tell the codecs on a hard sample at high bitrates, and
some data about how the codecs perform there.

If you only want to do one test, _please_ do ff123's
128kbps test. The results of the first sample are up,
and once RC3 (or perhaps new 128kbps mode?) is out the
next samples will be put up for your listening torture.

--
GCP