[vorbis] RC2 artifacts

Aleksandar Dovnikovic aldov at EUnet.yu
Sun Aug 19 00:51:51 PDT 2001

Hello k.m.krebs,

Thursday, 16 August, 2001, 05:59:36, you wrote:

kmk>   Hello -- I desperately want to start using Ogg compression on music I
kmk> release on the internet, but I am encountering a fair amount of artifacts.
kmk>   Here is a recent example I ran into.
kmk> http://www.notype.com/users/833-45/ogg/fadein_01.ape
kmk> http://www.notype.com/users/833-45/ogg/fadein_01.pac
kmk>   no need for golden ears to hear to high frequency chirpy-bubbles in both
kmk> the 64 & 128 kbps versions.  The 256 version seems to avoid the problem, at
kmk> least to my ears.

The problem is most probably in channel coupling, since beta4 sounds
OK to me at 128kbps. RC2 also sounds OK if you use 160kbps or higher
mode.

--
Vorbis Xtreme | http://solair.eunet.yu/~aldov/
Ogg Vorbis is the free, open source alternative to MP3