[vorbis] Rio Volt

Aleksandar Dovnikovic aldov at EUnet.yu
Sat Aug 18 04:32:25 PDT 2001

Hello Anthony,

Friday, 17 August, 2001, 22:06:45, you wrote:

AA> Anyone know what kind of processor is in the Rio Volt?  Its MP3 (and WMA)
AA> decoder is stored in firmware which can be flashed by burning a firmware
AA> image onto a CD.  It seems that Ogg support for this player should
AA> definately be possible, though I'm sure it will take some cooperation on
AA> the part of Diamond.

I think there is a plan to add support for Ogg Vorbis to Rio Volt.
This quote was taken from a message in mp3.com hardware/portables:

"Ogg Vorbis and MP3 Pro

Mr. Lee told me they are discussing how to support these formats,
and nothing is certain at this time. The current hardware can handle
these formats, but the royalty fee is the main obstacle especially for
MP3pro, as we already guessed. We may see support for Ogg Vorbis format
earlier than that of MP3 pro format."

--
Vorbis Xtreme | http://solair.eunet.yu/~aldov/
Ogg Vorbis is the free, open source alternative to MP3