[vorbis] Another reason why "I Like Monty"

Andre Kajita - Administrador da Rede admin at camarasjc.sp.gov.br
Fri Aug 17 05:33:13 PDT 2001

Greets,

<off topic>
This is off topic but the 'thing' made me appreciate and like Monty
even more.

I sat down this morning to ogg a CD I bought yesterday.

So here I am, preparing to rip the thing so I login to my ripper
computer run my custom ripper->encoder suite - unlike other days where
I fire it up and minimize the window (I'm on an NT but I have some 5
TeraTerm/SSH sessions running), I watched the ripper suite go...

Then I saw something that brought a HUGE smile to my face.

You see, ever since I've been ripping audio CDs I've used the same
program - 'cause none of the other ones work around faulty/scratched
disks as good.  I use cdparanoia and lo' and behold whose's the author
but some "monty" guy at some "xiph.org" thingy...

I know - it's been there all the time (since Dec. 1999 when I last
updated) but I never noticed!  :)

</off topic>

Cdparanoia's kept me in my job on two occasions already - I owe you a
few beers/drinks/pretezels/whatevers.  :)

Monty, now I've got another reason to like you, THANKS!

Andre.

--
Arthur Dent: "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"
Ford Prefect: "You ask a glass of water."