[vorbis] WSJ article

Bacchus 13 bacchus13 at zdnetonebox.com
Thu Aug 16 11:33:18 PDT 2001

Well...I did not have time to read this mailing list recently, so this
article was quite a surprise...in a way, more than the RC2 release.

I also felt this article caricaturising Monty as a kind of 'anti-social
geek who failed in a marriage.'  However, as I have already read quite
a lot of his opinions here, I just laughed at it.  Just a 'geek' cannot
write them.  ...Then, I came across the replays of Monty himself.

About a divorce, I think it's quite common recently and that it is quite
classical a Christian attitude to regard it as a social sigma or a 'failure'
(if you prefer a 'modern' word).

My personal opinion about this thread is just that it is nice to see
hackers are also human beings like me (Ben, a "dedicated artist" wouldn't
have defended his love to a woman over his love to a format, in my opinon
;-)).  The difference is that I am an ordinary citizen who doesn't even
worth a gossip.  This is the world of capitalism and information where
Every celebrity has to learn how to deal with mass media.  Then, again,
way to go, Monty.  ;-)