[vorbis] RC2 artifacts

Bacchus 13 bacchus13 at zdnetonebox.com
Thu Aug 16 12:58:27 PDT 2001

...Encoding doesn't seem to be so much different since beta 4 (By the
way, did you update the decoder as well if you are on Windows?  For there
seem to have been a bug-fix in RC2).  Actually, I expected even worse
results by the added channel coupling.  Probably, people waiting for
a post-LAME format should wait till the non-beta release.  For there
will be the major encoding improvements and manual options.

However, the new lower bitrates options seem to be better than its rivals.
 I don't know why they bother comparing WMA at 64 with MP3 at 128 in r3mix
forum (http://r3mix.net/forum).  Obviously, Ogg sounds much better and
is smaller than WMA.  However, hardware compatibility...is still a neck.
 Rio Volt and Hipzip are going to be compatible with the format, did
they say?

However, the people who will be going to wait for the longest time is,
probably, people like you expecting a format for net music with sensible
quality.  You have to wait even after the non-beta version. :-(