[vorbis] RC2 on slashdot.org

Hongli Lai hongli at telekabel.nl
Tue Aug 14 15:29:24 PDT 2001

----------
> Van: Gian-Carlo Pascutto <gcp at sjeng.org>
> Aan: vorbis at xiph.org
> Onderwerp: Re: [vorbis] RC2 on slashdot.org
> Datum: dinsdag 14 augustus 2001 21:57
>
> Instead we should try to show them what advantages free software
> brings, and they will come by themselves.

Some people I know would rather copy warez than Free Software because
"warez is cool",
even after I explained them that it's about freedom and the advantages of
it.
Other people refuse to believe that Free Software is not the same as
freeware (they don't
care about wether you can legally copy it or not).
And some users of my GPL'ed software even refuse to accept the right to
distribute the software,
and would rather keep everything closed and to himself.

(luckily not everybody I know is like this)