[vorbis] Title formatting for players/plugins

Per Wigren wigren at home.se
Tue Aug 21 09:11:03 PDT 2001

I name my files:

Artist / year_Record Title / 01_Song Name.ogg

or for double-cds:

Artist / year_Record Title / 1-01_Song Name.ogg
                             1-02_Song Name.ogg
                             2-01_Song Name.ogg
                             2-02_Song Name.ogg

and for compilations:

Various / Record Title / 1-01_Artist One__Song Name.ogg
                         2-15_Artist Thirty__Song Name.ogg

and for splits: (very common in the punkscene - two bands
sharing one record)

Splits / Artist1 + Artist2 / Record Title / 01-1_Song With
Artist1.ogg
                                            02-1_Song With
Artist1.ogg
                                            03-2_Song With
Artist2.ogg

Personally I would like to have a standard RECORDNUMBER
tag, or whatever you want to call it, which contains the
record# in a double/triple CD! (That should also be a
feature of freedb so we don't get different "standards" for
every record, eg Record (Disc 1), Record [CD 1], Record
CD#2, CD3: Record etc...)

Regards
Per Wigren

If everybody just shut up and use MY standard, life is
simpler for everybody! :-D