[vorbis] Title formatting for players/plugins

kjoonlee at hitel.net kjoonlee at hitel.net
Tue Aug 21 07:50:21 PDT 2001

Hi, Peter Pawlowski's new (1.15beta) winamp decoder plugin seems quite
nice, in my opinion..
The "title formatting logic" is what I've been dreaming of for ages..

Right now I've chosen "%artist / [[%[abbr20]album][-%[num2]tracknumber]
/ ]%title[ - %version]"

I get titles such as "Artist / Title"or "Artist / Album / Title" or
"Artist / Album-Track / Title - Version", based on the amount of data
I've put into the tags.. (Plus I get abbreviated album names if they're
too long, and I get my tracknumbers padded with zeroes if they're too
short..)

I'd love to see something like this with the XMMS plugin.. : ) (hint hint)

ps. How do *you* title your songs? I'd love to hear some opinions please..