[vorbis] Batch-Tagging oggs?

Peter Gammeltoft PeterGam at mail.tele.dk
Mon Aug 20 10:19:29 PDT 2001

Hello all.

Quick question ('Cause I'm famished and have to get something to eat)

If I have a batch of files (wave and/or ogg) with a certain naming scheme.
Would it be possible for me to write a small nifty (newbie) dos-batch
program that could tag those ogg-files (or encode the waves with tags)  with
regards to the namin parameters.

Let me clarify. I usually encode waves with the naming pattern "Artist -
Album - leading zero track number - Track Title" or "Artist - Track Title".

How would I go about either encoding a batch of these waves with tags
embedded or tagging the batch og resulting oggs.

(Basically I'm wondering if it is possible to make a small tagging program
with the same basic tagging scheme as the splendid (IMO) program  MPTagger)

Any takers, any suggestions?
What programming language (should I get bold and try to do some first-time
programming) would you recommend for such a feat ;-)

Thanks for a wonderful codec. Love it to death :-)

Kind regards,
Peter