[vorbis] Newbie here/batch encoding

Jernej Simonèiè jernej.simoncic at guest.arnes.si
Sun Aug 19 12:19:40 PDT 2001

Hello Joe,

18. avgust 2001, 2:28:07, you wrote:

> Hi everyone. I just discovered Ogg Vorbis and I AM IMPRESSED. Here's my
> question: I want to encode a batch of wavs and I'm not sure how to do it
> using command line. (The drag n drop version doesn't seem to want to work
> for me so I won't bother with it.) Anyway, I know the command line has the
> option "-s" for a series of input files but I'm not sure how to use it. Will
> someone give me an example of a command I would use for a batch of files? I
> *really* want to avoid typing in a hundred different song titles.

I answered this some messages earlier, but here's the procedure again:

 for %f in (*.ogg) do oggenc [options] %f

 BTW: if you want to use this in batch files, use this syntax:

 for %%f in (*.ogg) do oggenc [options] %%f

 And of course, replace [options] with your options.

Jernej Simoncic, jernej.simoncic at guest.arnes.si
http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/
ICQ: 26266467