[vorbis] RC2 worse than RC1 and Beta4

Attila Padar galileog at externet.hu
Fri Aug 17 14:10:06 PDT 2001

I haven't got special test programs or hardware
tools, but in my listening tests the RC2 seems to be
worse than the beta4 (I'm missing the sharp/clear
high sounds from the RC2 using the highest bitrates)
But in the latest CVS (aug. 17.) there are some
corrections in the psy.c and floor1.c
and it seems with these modifications the sound
quality is better (tested on high bitrates, but now
the highest bitrate is 280kbit... you should calculate
again the encoder tables...).
I hope the developer(s) will find and correct
every quality bugs... and we will get a perfect
encoder in the far future...

Attila