[vorbis] WSJ article

Moritz Grimm gtgbr at gmx.net
Fri Aug 17 00:55:55 PDT 2001

Kristoff Bonne wrote:
> I guess this is not the most exact place for this discussion; so I'll give
> just one more reply in this thread.

dito

> > Dunno about the US, but in Germany everyone who appeared in the media
> > has the right to give a counterstatement, and the newspaper/radio
> I know this also exists in Belgium (where I live) but your 'right to
> reply' usually ends up in very small print at page <close-to-100> and
> nobody really reads it.

True. But it'd still have big advantages compared to the other ways,
because this counterstatement's use would only be to improve some big
player's confidence in OGG Vorbis (in case some interpret that article
similar to me). If someone of those doesn't research well enough to find
the counterstatement on his own, one can still point him to it, e.g. in
a discussion when they use uncertainty to argue against OGG. The general
public is not of much interest here, since I also believe that they read
the article more positively. A counterstatement would not only be the
most professional way to deal with this, it also takes least effort (one
letter, instead of setting up a webpage and pushing it into all the
search engines).

Just an opinion. It still is all up to Monty. :)

Moritz