[vorbis] RC2 on slashdot.org

Hongli Lai hongli at telekabel.nl
Mon Aug 13 17:34:16 PDT 2001

On 2001.08.13 22:52:45 +0200 Aleksandar Dovnikovic wrote:
> In case you missed it, RC2 is on slashdot.org too:
>
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/08/13/1811241

Oh great. Honestly, I see being Slashdotted more as a bad thing.
Now hundreds of trolls will spread nosense such as "Don't use it
because the name sucks!", "It's open source and not patented
so it must suck!" and start huge discussions (read: flamewars)
about how it sounds geek and why sounding geek is bad and
not what the users want...
And the funny thing is that there are people out there who actually
believes that crap!

BTW I just let a friend of mine do a test between Ogg Vorbis RC2
and WMA, both at 64 kbit. I encoded "Sometimes" from Britney Spears.
(I don't have any classical music) He said that WMA sounds nowhere
like 128 kbit MP3 and that Ogg Vorbis is 1000x better. :) Yay!