[vorbis] Spectrum display in Winamp

tone_ml1 at ntlworld.com tone_ml1 at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 13 05:40:21 PDT 2001

Hi,

This is my first post here after a long time lurking, so here goes:-

First of all, congratulations to the development team, Ogg Vorbis sounds great. Keep up the good work!

I have a question regarding Peter's Winamp plugin. When I view the spectrum display (the one inside the Winamp window) when playing back a .ogg file, the bars aren't as responsive compared to the .wav file original. The symptom is, that each frequency has to be louder before the appropriate bar shows up. I don't know if you would call this a bug or not, and it may be indicative of a problem elsewhere. I am using Winamp 2.67.

Regards,

Tone.