[vorbis] Vorbis ACM codec

Freya freya128 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 10:55:56 PDT 2001

I might be totally making it up but I seem to remember
hearing that DivX ;) with MP3 wasn't actually synced
and that the two just ran together in a fairly loose
fashion, (which was generally close enough) so perhaps
if that is true, then doing a copy in Virtual Dub
takes it even further out of sync and makes the
problem more pronounced?

I'ts been a little while since I've used Virtual Dub,
isn't there a direct stream copy option for the audio
bit too? Surely it would be best to have the audio on
direct stream copy if possible???

love

Freya

--- Hongli Lai <hongli at telekabel.nl> wrote:
> On 2001.08.09 18:58:15 +0200 Wilson wrote:
> > I've used it successfully several times without
> loss of sync.
> > Perhaps you could give us some more info about the
> exact steps you are
> > taking?
>
> I open an AVI in VirtualDub. Under Video I chose
> "Direct Stream Copy",
> and under Audio I choise "Full Processing Mode".
> The original AVI was using DivX 3 and MP3.
> (yes I know transcoding is a Bad Thing(tm), but I'm
> only testing)
> I chose "Ogg Vorbis Mode 3+" at "112 kbps VBR and
> below".
> Then I chose File->Save AVI and save it to another
> file.
> I played that file with Winblow$ Media Player and
> the sound gets out
> of sync after a while.
> I tried to give the fields in Audio->Interleave
> different values,
> but no matter what values I try (I tried both
> positive and negative values
> in the last field), the sound gets out of sync after
> a while.
>
> I tried the same by transcoding the AVI's audio to
> Ogg Vorbis using
> dBpowerAMP (using Ogg Vorbis RC1), and add it to the
> AVI using Nandub,
> but that didn't work either.
>
> How did you manage to get it synced?

> 'vorbis-request at xiph.org'
> containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body.
> No subject is needed.
> Unsubscribe messages sent to the list will be
ignored/filtered.