[vorbis] Vorbis ACM codec

Hongli Lai hongli at telekabel.nl
Thu Aug 9 10:11:58 PDT 2001

On 2001.08.09 18:58:15 +0200 Wilson wrote:
> I've used it successfully several times without loss of sync.
> Perhaps you could give us some more info about the exact steps you are
> taking?

I open an AVI in VirtualDub. Under Video I chose "Direct Stream Copy",
and under Audio I choise "Full Processing Mode".
The original AVI was using DivX 3 and MP3.
(yes I know transcoding is a Bad Thing(tm), but I'm only testing)
I chose "Ogg Vorbis Mode 3+" at "112 kbps VBR and below".
Then I chose File->Save AVI and save it to another file.
I played that file with Winblow$ Media Player and the sound gets out
of sync after a while.
I tried to give the fields in Audio->Interleave different values,
but no matter what values I try (I tried both positive and negative values
in the last field), the sound gets out of sync after a while.

I tried the same by transcoding the AVI's audio to Ogg Vorbis using
dBpowerAMP (using Ogg Vorbis RC1), and add it to the AVI using Nandub,
but that didn't work either.

How did you manage to get it synced?