[vorbis] Vorbis native Ripper-decoder-encoder

Anthony Arcieri bascule at holly.ColoState.EDU
Mon Aug 6 12:54:17 PDT 2001

> Yes, I think that's really the issue here. The point is not that poor
> equipment renders artifacts inaudible, but that some people don't know
>what to listen for.

Sort of off topic, but has anyone noticed that older MP3 encoders procuded
a high-piched beeping whine in their resulting bitstreams?  Many of the
people I know have such MP3s and listen to them on a regular basis.  These
artifcacts are so blatently audible that I can hear them through a shut
door, yet it seems a lot of people either don't know what to listen for or
have a different physiology which prevents them from hearing them.

Tony Arcieri