[vorbis] Vorbis native Ripper-decoder-encoder

Hongli Lai hongli at telekabel.nl
Sat Aug 4 10:08:10 PDT 2001

On 2001.08.04 18:50:26 +0200 ndrw mchl grnbrg wrote:
> How would it save disk space to convert one lossy format to another?
> Wouldn't they both consume the same amount of space?

Didn't the FAQ say that Ogg Vorbis can have the same quality as the
original MP3, but use less space?
So if I take a lower bitrate than the original MP3, I can save space.
On my soundcard I can't hear any difference at all so I don't
care what the audiophiles with their super l33t stereo towers think.
The only thing I care about in this case is that I can save space yet
not lose noticeable quality.