[vorbis] Windows XP and MP3

Segher Boessenkool segher at chello.nl
Fri Apr 13 12:27:10 PDT 2001

Jack Moffitt wrote:

> > faster (and better) anyway. For MDCT I will first make a nice altivec
> > optimized implementation, as I have a nice'n'shiny G4 now. G3 implementation
> > is almost ready. 3dnow! will follow. SSE will only be done (by me) if someone
> > donates me a P3 machine.
>
> Segher,
>
> Is there any reason you couldn't do the SSE stuff on a linux box with
> dual p3 cpus across the ocean?  I'd be more than happy to give you an
> account.

Sure I can. But I'll do the stuff on all machines I have locally first.
That's K5, K7, G3 and G4. And 8502, maybe.

If I get to SSE, I'll be sure to ask you. Remind me of it ;-)

Anyway, I'll make a few generic C versions as well, so anyone
can benefit (a bit; a factor of 4x difference between generic code
and code optimized to a certain machine is not uncommon for this kind of code).

Dagdag,

Segher