[vorbis] Windows XP and MP3

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Fri Apr 13 04:44:36 PDT 2001

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Monty wrote:

> I doubt Mr. farber is arguing this is a *good* thing, just that it's
> the way things are (whether we like it or not).  In the context of
> mass-consumerism, I fear he's right.

You know, one area where I think vorbis has the advantage is that the
vorbis developer community have done their homework.  People like their
formats, yes, but they also like their tools, perhaps even more so.  the
fact that vorbis will be available in numerous programs which currently
support MP3 means that a lot of people will have it handed to them as an
alternative without them having to do anything save perhaps for upgrading
their current tools.

Geoff.