[vorbis] Re: Compiling vorbis-tools on FreeBSD

Klaus-Juergen Wolf klaus-juergen.wolf at epost.de
Mon Apr 9 12:04:45 PDT 2001

Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> Wayne Pascoe <wayne at penguinpowered.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > I'm having some problems compiling vorbis-tools on FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE.
>
> There is a port of vorbis-tools in the FreeBSD ports collection.

Hm, not quite convincing argument. Then we could throw that ./configure
script away (if it's no use anyway)...

Other question, from my side (on FreeBSD, too): when I try to compile
static modules only, I don't get oss support (the resulting library for
this part is empty; the .la file contains no .o file to be put into the
library archive). When I generate the dynamic libraries, oss support is
there.

Kind regards,
k.j.