[vorbis] seeking information

Daniel Vogel vogel at epicgames.com
Sat Apr 28 00:27:38 PDT 2001

Hi`

I just subscribed to the list and already have a couple of questions ;) I
read the FAQ and skimmed through the archives but I'd rather get up- to date
information and not rely on what I read in old posts.

Are there any games/ mods using Ogg Vorbis?

Are there any other tools despite standalone music players using Ogg Vorbis?

How fast is decompression? How big is the memory overhead for decompression?

How many people are actively working on Ogg Vorbis?

Is there funding behind Ogg Vorbis or are all contributors working on it for
free?

What's the roadmap for Ogg Vorbis? I read that the decompression code hasn't
been optimised yet so I'm wondering whether there is an ETA for that or not.

Maybe some of the questions might sound strange but I'm trying to get a
broad overview and am wondering whether Ogg Vorbis would be suitable for
game development :) From a development point of view my main concerns are
stability and decoding speed.

- Daniel Vogel, Programmer, Epic Games Inc.