[vorbis] Winamp plugin not recognized at all

Karol Pietrzak noodlez84 at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 19 07:05:52 PDT 2001

On 17 Apr 2001, Jack Moffitt wrote:

> > I tried.  It doesn't help.  It's quite a time since beta4 and I
> > still can't use it (I do encode with it but it would not always
> > be played back correctly with older plugins).
>
> The problem (i think) is that the beta4 plugin was compiled on
> win2k and the beta3 plugin (and earlier) on win98.  I think
> there's a flag I forgot to turn that enabled win95 compatibility.
>  Win98 users should be fine.
>
> I'll be fixing this as soon as I get home.

judging from the subject line, this is about the winamp beta4
plugin.  the problem is _not_ windows 95.  i am writing this on
a win95 box with winamp 4.74 and the beta4 plugin.  i have had
no problems, even with older versions of winamp.  perhaps some
ppl have not installed microsoft updates:
dcom95 (dcom95.exe)
common controls (50comupd.exe)
winsock2 (w95ws2setup.exe)

win95 users: make sure you have these.  i will post links if i
have the time.

--
noodlez:   Karol Pietrzak
GPG/PGP-KeyID: 0x3A1446A0