[vorbis] dsp | sox | oggenc

smoerk at gmx.de smoerk at gmx.de
Tue Apr 17 05:32:59 PDT 2001

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001 20:32:01 +1000, Michael Smith wrote:

>>if I pipe raw audio in and a wav from sox to oggenc, sox sets the time
>>to the maximum possible value. I don't know the wav header, could it be
>>that it's 15 bit for the time and oggenc exits after this time
>>(546min)?
>
>wav files can't be more than 2 GB in size. So if the 'file' that you're
>streaming would be more than this, you can't use wav.

this cannot be the reason. first i'm not using a file, i'm piping from
the soundcard to sox and from sox to oggenc. live streaming works under
windows with my tcl script and oggenc encodes for days. but i asume
that the wav header from my tcl script and that from sox are different.

does someone know exactly what will happen if the time which was
defined in the wav header is exceeded. does oggenc stop encoding?

or: how could i pipe a pcm signal to oggenc which is not 44,1khz,
stereo?

moerk