[vorbis] bug? ogg123 and mono files

Smoerk Dundei smoerk at gmx.net
Fri Apr 13 06:30:22 PDT 2001

hello,

I try to listen to the stream at http://ogg.radiostudio.org:8007/ostream.ogg
with
ogg123, it's a 44100/mono stream. It sounds to me like a mono file played as
a stereo
file. there are very often silent drop outs and the music is pitched. is
this a bug
in ogg123?

I changed to stereo encoding and know it's better (normal pitch without
silence), but
I have klicks/scratches in the music. I also tried to capture the stream
with wget to
a file and decode it later eith ogg123 but this didn't change anything (I
thought it
was a buffering problem, but it isn't).

the stream play fine with winamp.

http://www.gmx.net