[vorbis] Windows XP and MP3

Jack Moffitt jack at icecast.org
Thu Apr 12 18:50:35 PDT 2001

> It's not just about providing alternatives... it's about providing
> *accessible* alternatives... now if only we can get ogg into Rio
> firmware and othersuch... ;)

Repitition is the key to learning or some such, so forgive me if you
seen me say this before.

The best way to get Rio support for vorbis, is to email all the email
addresses you can find, and _ask_ for it.  If they see customer demand,
they are likely to do it.  Be sure to mention that it already works in
hardware (the iomega hipzip) and that Xiph.org is very interest in
working with other hardware vendors.

This goes for Rio, creative labs, and any other product you think should
have vorbis.  Ask them.  Sooner or later they'll come around.

jack.