[vorbis] Windows XP and MP3

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Thu Apr 12 15:55:28 PDT 2001

fungus wrote:

> How can we get Napster to support Vorbis? That seems to me
> like it would be the best way to get a lot of support. If
> we could only get the to add a menu option "convert all my
> files to ogg format" then we'd be made.
>
> Seriously though, how hard would it be for them to support
> multiple file extensions? Five minutes work?

I have no idea of the work involved, but of course other P2P clients
already pick up a variety of formats, seems they could accomodate Vorbis
files with no trouble.

Again, given the compromises Napster is being forced into, perhaps we're
better off agitating for explicit Vorbis support from the P2P software
crowd. But of course, Napster support would be good too.

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://sound.condorow.net